Harder to Treat SWI Project
insulation guidance templates for a selection of Harder to Treat properties in the city to create a best practice guide on how to insulate these property types going forward.
scheme we welcomed this contract and it's challenging nature.
contractors and has quality managed hundreds of solid wall insulation installs.
that were willing to pay on average a 25% contribution towards the works.
Harder to Treat kick-off Workshop
Our 9 Harder to Treat Properties
|Property||Area||Archetype||Desciption of insulation works|
|1 Roberts Street||Sneinton||Victorian terrace (end)||Internal front, external back, external on gable with coloured render plus underfloor insulation|
|14 Alexandra Street||Sherwood||Victorian (block of flats)||External front, external back with sloped finish up to roof detailing|
|166 Hungerhill Road||St Anns||Victorian terrace (end)||External front with brick effect render, external back with brick effect window detailing, external on gable end.|
|35 St Paul's Terrace||Hyson Green||Victorian terrace (mid)||
Internal front, external back with brick effect window detailing plus underfloor insulation
|387 Haydn Road||Sherwood||3 storey Victorian terrace (end)||Internal front, external back with brick effect brick window detailing|
|82 Glentworth Road||Radford||Victorian terrace (mid)||External front with brick slips, external back|
|127 Wilford Crescent West||Meadows||Cross-wall||External on front and back with brick effect window detailing, gable is cavity filled|
|2 Caincross||Bilborough||BISF (British Steel Framed)||All external|
|108 Hereford Road||Bakersfield||Mansard||External front and back ground floor, internal front and back first floor|
Training comprised of practical insulation techniques, health and safety plus guidance and support to help each company attain their PAS2030 accreditation, something that will put them in good stead for future projects of a similar nature.
- A F Construction
- Coral Improvements
- T Grant & Son
- Matthews Plumbing and Heating Limited
- Jacksdale Plumbing and Heating
- Harley Builders & Lofts
- Rob Thompson
Documenting this project
- We will have a suite of customer case studies that include their thoughts before, during and after the works are complete - we will also contact them a year on to see if they have seen a noticible difference in their energy bills.
- A video of each property will be produced which will take the viewer through every stage of the install. These videos will be made up of time-lapse camera footage and high resolution stills.
- Techinal drawings of each property will be produced and cross sections of areas where we have had to be particularly innovative.
- An overall project report will be written which will come to life with customer quotes, drawings and photographs, this will be accompanied by a separate contractor training report.