|Fuel||Fuel price (p per unit)||Unit||Pence per kWh (after boiler efficiency)||Energy content (kWh per unit)||CO2e emissions per kWh*|
|Electricity Standard Rate1||16.77||kWh||16.77 (100%)||1||0.517|
|Electricity Online Rate1||16.33||kWh||16.33 (100%)||1||0.517|
|Mains Gas Standard Rate2||4.67||kWh||5.19 (90%)||1||0.209|
|Mains Gas Online Rate2||4.61||kWh||5.12 (90%)||1||0.209|
|Gas oil4||54.10||Litre||5.78 (90%)||10.4||0.328|
|Seasoned Wood8||20.81||Kg||5.83 (85%)||4.20||0.026|
|Smokeless fuel10||41.19||Kg||8.20 (75%)||6.7||0.392|
*CO2 emissions (kg of CO2 per kWh) – These factors are based on DEFRA's latest GHG fuel conversion factors.
1. Electricity: Based on an average of the 6 major electricity suppliers’ online prepayment, credit and direct debit tariffs, including standing charges and VAT, but not Economy 7. Data used are the Tariff Comparison Rates (TCR) provided on the 6 major energy suppliers’ website.
2. Gas: Based on an average of the 6 major gas suppliers’ standard prepayment, credit and direct debit tariffs, including standing charges and VAT. Data used are the Tariff Comparison Rates (TCR) provided on the 6 major energy suppliers’ website.
6. Butane: Based on prices from Flogas.
7. Propane: Based on an average prices from: Flogas, and Calor Gas - 0800 662 663. Note: The bottled gas market is very competitive and prices vary. It is recommended that you contact as many suppliers as possible in your area for the best price. We have used the CO2eq factor of LPG, as both propane and butane are components of LPG and there is currently no specific GHG conversion factor for these
8. Seasoned Wood: Based on an average prices from House Fuel, Logs Coal UK, and Nottinghamshire Logs. We have used the CO2 factor as there is currently no specific GHG CO2eq conversion factor for this.
Note: The values for seasoned logs have been updated based on the latest information on the Net CVs of Seasoned logs from Biomass Energy Centre.
We have used the CO2eq factor of coal, as the components of smokeless fuels are coal-based and there is currently no specific GHG conversion factor for this.
11. GSHP (Ground Source Heat Pump) and ASHP (Air Source Heat Pump): Based on best electricity price taken from electric online rate. The boiler efficiency used in the calculation is based on the best available information from Review of Technical Information on Renewable Heat Technologies Report 2011.
Try our tariff switch tool, it's quick, easy and hassle free. Have a play and see what you can find!