NEP provides an independent body to drive forward the climate change agenda. We are a platform for climate change prevention partnerships, working mainly across the private sector domestic sector within Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Within this role we work with partner agencies with the aim of alleviating fuel poverty and educating the public about energy efficiency, ensuring that those most in need achieve affordable warmth and
a better quality of life.
In 1997 a proposal was delivered to Nottingham City Council for an initiative to develop a holistic view of energy requirements and to deliver a comprehensive energy strategy for the city of Nottingham. In 1998, Nottingham Energy Partnership (NEP) was established.
Since then, NEP has gone from strength to strength. NEP became a company limited by guarantee and gaining charitable status in 2001. The Formal Objectives of the Nottingham Energy Partnership are:
- 'To advance the education of the public about energy efficiency, including the alleviation of fuel poverty.'
- 'The protection and preservation of the environment and public health, by means of education into the provision and use of energy in ways that reduce, or eliminate, harmful emissions, in doing so contribute to the creation of new jobs in the energy efficiency sector.'
We have two practical roles
- Acting as a platform for Climate Change limitation partnerships and projects. Projects we either manage or are a partner in:- Remourban (Smart Cities), Readdressing the Balance (battery storage), The Greater Nottingham Healthy Housing Service, Greener Housing, Harder To Treat SWI project, Notts Warm Zone and Nottinghamshire Community Energy (community owned solar farm).
- Providing Information, Advice and Consultancy to developers, community groups and individuals on how best to make use of renewable energy and energy efficiency in their property. If necessary providing support through the process of purchase, grant application and installation.
NEP is a Registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Company Number: 4257637 Charity Number: 1091513Meet the team Meet our supportive Board of Directors View our profile on The Charity Commission's website Read our 2015/2016 Investors in the Environment EMS Manual
What's happening ?
- Open Homes Tour 2015 - our day in pictures
- Peak District Team Away Day 2014
- FREE Energy Switching sessions for Nottinghamshire’s community groups
- 25 local organisations in a green revolution!