NEP provides an independent body to drive forward the climate change agenda. We are a platform for climate change prevention partnerships, working across all sectors within Nottingham.
Within this role we work with partner agencies with the aim of alleviating fuel poverty and educating the public about energy efficiency, ensuring that those most in need achieve affordable warmth and a better quality of life.
In 1997 a proposal was delivered to Nottingham City Council for an initiative to develop a holistic view of energy requirements and to deliver a comprehensive energy strategy for the city of Nottingham. In 1998, Nottingham Energy Partnership (NEP) was established. Since then, NEP has gone from strength to strength. NEP became a company limited by guarantee and gaining charitable status in 2001. The Formal Objectives of the Nottingham Energy Partnership are:
- 'To advance the education of the public about energy efficiency, including the alleviation of fuel poverty.'
- 'The protection and preservation of the environment and public health, by means of education into the provision and use of energy in ways that reduce, or eliminate, harmful emissions, in doing so contribute to the creation of new jobs in the energy efficiency sector.'
From this we have two practical roles:
- Acting as a platform for Climate Change limitation partnerships and projects, currently including:- Sungain solar water heating and the Greater Nottingham Healthy Housing Service.
- Providing Information, Advice and Consultancy to developers, community groups and individuals on how best to make use of renewable energy and energy efficiency in their property. If necessary providing support through the process of purchase, grant application and installation.
NEP is a Registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Company Number: 4257637
Charity Number: 1091513Meet the team behind NEP. Meet our supportive board of directors. View our page on the Charity Commissions website. View our 2013/2014 EMS Manual.
What's happening ?
- Take part in our research project and receive a £10 John Lewis voucher
- Open Homes Tour inspires local people to take action
- NEPes offer recognised environmental accreditation to local organisations for £100
- NEP wins Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development